Project Manager – Civil
We are currently looking for a Project Manager for our Civils Team based in the Midlands, UK to join g2E on a 12 month fixed term contract.
The successful candidate will have a strong civils and project management background with the supporting qualifications and experience. The role itself will support the operations team in the delivery of construction projects and will report to the Senior Project Manager.
Main responsibilities will include:
- To effectively manage and deliver a portfolio of construction projects from design handover to construction completion, including all associated commissioning works
- Review project on design handover and ensure project is ready for construction
- Ensure project delivery programme is prepared and maintained for each project, ensuring a logical and efficient approach is established, meeting the accepted timescales
- Determine labour & resource requirements and allocate projects to the project delivery team
- Ensure projects are delivered to exceed the client’s expectations, to agreed timescales and returning the expected profitability.
Skills & Experience
- 3 – 5 years working in in the civils/construction particularly: groundworks, drainage, reinforced concrete, structures, traditional building technology
- Management of teams on construction projects
- Be able to interpret civil engineering drawings and specifications.
- Have knowledge of relevant and up to date, construction industry standards, processes and procedures
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation and compliance on construction sites (including CDM, HSE specific guidance e.g. HSGs)
- Have a good working understanding of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- An understanding of earthing, LV/HV cable laying and installing distribution systems up to 132kV
- 3 -5 years project management experience.
Salary – Highly Competitive
12 month FTC – with a view to go permanent for the right candidate
Annual leave – 25 Days
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.