G2D1714: Primary Electrical Designer (to 132kV)
An experienced Primary Electrical Engineer is required to join the busy design
department at g2 Energy.
An experienced Primary Electrical Engineer is required to join the busy design department at g2 Energy. The position will report to the Head of Electrical Design and is to fulfil the role as a contestable or project lead electrical designer on projects up to 132kV for ICP, IDNO and client side/ private networks. The contestable designer role will need to liaise with other civil, structural, protection and electrical design colleagues, other g2 departments, as well as with DNOs, clients, landowners and others where required. This role therefore gives an excellent opportunity for an individual to see a project through from start to finish and have exposure to all design elements.
The role is predominantly based in Olney at the Head Office close to Milton Keynes but occasional site visits will be required as and where necessary.
The candidate’s abilities should include:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience HV primary plant layout experience, IDNO or DNO non-contestable and ICP contestable designs for electrical connections up to 132kV to UK requirements
- Lead all aspects of primary plant layouts and designs for new build and extensions to existing HV substations from concept through to detailed design stages for projects in the UK in accordance with DNOs and NG standards.
- Produce earthing designs, layout & details, busbar and clamp details and HV & MC cable routing
- Assist or undertake the preparation of engineering and project weekly & monthly report as and when required
- Work within multi-disciplinary design teams to develop plant interface solutions.
- Interface with the client’s, other internal and third party project designers to develop layout solutions.
- Being educated to degree level
- Having a full working knowledge in the use of AutoCad
- Being able to produce HV network connection single line diagrams, LVAC drawings, multi-core schedules, have a basic understanding of the principals of protection etc
- Have experience with the DNOs primary substation design and layout requirements
- Have experience with the main HV electrical components selection and undertaking specification reviews with the relevant suppliers
- Undertaking HV/LV cable design and evaluation (derating and short circuit calculations)
- Key components tendering and quotation design abilities (e.g. transformer, HV switchgear)
- Having good interpersonal skills.
A very competitive salary and package based on experience is available in this expanding company as follows:
- Based in Olney
- Full time competitive salary
- 25 days holiday in addition to statutory (includes some fixed days)
- Pension (matches individual’s contribution up to a maximum of 4%)
- Death in Service (4 x salary)
- Company bonus at Directors discretion
- 40 hour working week