g2 Energy Networks have established g2 Energy IDNO Limited who is a fully licensed electricity Distribution Network Operator. This allows us to build, own and operate licensed electricity networks throughout the UK. This is in direct competition with the incumbent DNOs where we offer a more flexible and pro-active relationship with our clients.
An Independent Distribution Network Operator (IDNO)…
The basic principle behind being an IDNO is that we can enter into an adoption agreement with Independent Connection Providers (ICPs) and provide a financial contribution for the adoption of the network assets. We would then operate and maintain the new network under our license obligations for the lifetime of the assets.
As a solution to the challenges faced from the complexity of modern distribution networks utilising both import and export loads, g2 Energy Networks can provide commercial solutions for both licensed and unlicensed (private) networks through its seperate delivery vehicles, g2 Energy IDNO Ltd. and g2 Energy Private Networks Ltd.
ICP’s and Developers of Residential, Commercial, Industrial and Storage projects with an electrical load will benefit from using g2 Energy Networks. We will;
- submit the Distribution Network Operator (DNO) or National Grid POC application for your development “free of charge” where it is for an IDNO adoption
- offer significant Asset Value Contribution to adopt the new electricity distribution network for your development
- provide cost efficient Technical Standards, significantly reducing the cost of Non-Contestable work from the DNO price
- take the hassle away by negotiating with the DNO and National Grid for the right Point of Connection (POC) and Contestable technical solution on behalf of our clients.
For more information about g2 Energy Networks please contact us by filling in our enquiry form or by calling us on 01234 482482.
Who would benefit from using an IDNO?...
ICPs and Developers of Industrial, Commercial & Residential projects with an electrical load requirement.
Developers of Storage projects looking to connect at High Voltage (HV) and 132kV to either the DNO network or National Grid.
What are the benefits of using an IDNO?...
Apart from the financial contribution, which isn’t available from the DNOs, we can provide our customers with a more personal service focused on specific client requirements. We offer flexibility and a willingness to consider innovative design solutions that are not restricted to the design standards of a DNO.
We have found that a large number of our clients have experienced difficulties when liaising with the DNO or National Grid; by using g2 Energy Networks, we will do this for you and take full responsibility for the High Voltage Private Network once the project has finished.
Other benefits for using an IDNO include:
- Forward thinking, ‘can do’ approach to resolving network solutions in exceptional timescales
- Focused on excellent customer service
- Consideration of innovative and flexible network design solutions
- Capable of adopting, owning and operating both private (unlicensed) and licensed distribution networks.
- Able to work across all geographical areas of the UK
- Provide competitive Asset Value contributions in consideration of the adopted assets.
- All networks operated to the exacting regulatory standards required by our license set by and monitored by OFGEM.
- Working to the highest ethical, environmental and safety standards.
- As a standalone business, we will work with all NERS accredited ICPs.
Why use a DNO, when you can use an IDNO?...
g2 Energy Networks provide our clients with a fully managed connection service which means:
As an IDNO, g2 Energy Networks are regulated by OFGEM which means they are required to meet the equivalent level of obligations as the DNOs.
IDNO networks are designed and built in-house at g2 Energy, to ensure the highest standards of quality and safety are met, whilst maintaining flexible solutions which can significantly reduce developer costs.
- Quicker Decision Making Process
- Less Hassle – we liaise directly with the DNO/National Grid
- Lower Costs